Despite how far dental care improvements have come in recent years, millions of Australians deal with tooth loss. This can come from periodontal disease, tooth decay or injuries. Until recently, the only way to fix missing teeth were dentures and bridges, but this changed with the introduction of dental implants Melbourne.
Defining Dental Implants
Dental implants in Melbourne act like replacement roots for your teeth. They fuse with your jaw bone to provide a solid foundation for either permanent teeth or removable replacement teeth. Once they’re in, you don’t have to do a lot to upkeep them and the dental implants Melbourne get specially made to match your other teeth.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants come with many advantages and these advantages are what make them so popular with people around the world. The biggest advantages of getting dental implants include but are not limited to:
- Appearance – Dental implants come designed to feel and look exactly like your own teeth. Since they will eventually fuse with your jaw bone, they’re a permanent fix.
- Comfort- Since these implants go into your jaw and become part of it, you don’t have to worry about any discomfort with sliding dentures or loose bridges.
- Convenience – With dentures, you spend a lot of time removing them. Dental implants take any embarrassing inconvenience you may have away. Also, you don’t need any messy adhesives to keep your implants firmly in place.
- Durability- Implants can last for many years without needing replacement due to their high level of durability. As long as you take good care of them, they can easily last a lifetime.
- Eating- Dentures that slip and slide make it hard to chew. Since dental implants act like your own teeth, you won’t have any pain or problems eating your favourite foods.
- Oral Health – Getting dental implants don’t require you to reduce the number of teeth you already have. Your dentist doesn’t alter your teeth to support your dental implant and this leaves more of your teeth intact. It can even give you easier access to your teeth and this can improve your oral health.
- Self-Esteem – Dental implants can help you feel better about yourself and they can give you back your beautiful smile.
- Speech- When you have dentures that don’t fit well, they can slip around your mouth and cause you to slur or mumble when you talk. Implants allow you to speak clearly, because they don’t move.
Contact Holistic Dental Melbourne CBD Today!
If you need dental implants in Melbourne, we can help. You can get in touch with our staff to set up a consultation today!