COVID-19 Protocol at Holistic Dental Melbourne CBD
As Dental Professionals the health, safety, and well-being of our team, patients and our community is our top priority. Keeping in mind the guidelines issued by the governing bodies, Since the March of 2020, we have few additional safety measures in place.
Pre appointment Screening
If you have
- been in contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days,
- felt unwell, including but not limited to symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
then your dental appointment at Holistic Dental Melbourne CBD must be scheduled for 14 days after your return from overseas or last contact with a COVID-19 case, or when your symptoms have resolved, and you are no longer considered a risk.
We also recommend that patients who are over 70 years old, or suffer from chronic disease (in particular, cardiovascular or respiratory disease and poorly controlled diabetes), or are immunocompromised, defer non-urgent appointments (dental or otherwise).
24 hrs prior to your appointment, we shall repeat the screening to ensure your wellbeing.
Holistic Dental Melbourne CBD has taken an uncompromising approach to our additional protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We request that patients:
- use alcohol-based hand sanitiser to disinfect your hands upon arrival as well as on departure from the practice
- do not touch your eyes, nose, mouth or face
- do not shake hands
- attend appointments alone if possible, although we are mindful of consent requirements and family commitments.
- removed the reception area magazines so please bring a book/gadget or enjoy our slide show on our tv.
- organised seating in reception area to facilitate social distancing
- organised the appointments to keep wait times to a minimum.
Our reception staff are regularly disinfecting
- surfaces and chairs in the reception area
- telephones, the EFTPOS machine and pens at the reception desk
- all door handles
As an accredited practice strict infection control measures are in place on a routine basis.
- sterilising instruments for each patient
- using disposable suction tips and instrument covers
- disinfecting the dental chair, suction cords, instrument control panels, dental light unit and benchtops between every appointment and use disposable barriers wherever required.
- using transfer tweezers to take materials out of drawers during an appointment (to avoid contaminating the contents of the drawers)
- our clinical team wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): disposable gowns, gloves, mask and protective eyewear.
- Reinforce hand hygiene protocol
In addition to these measures we are now
- requesting patients to undertake a 30-second preoperational antimicrobial mouth rinse prior to commencing treatment
- using high speed suction whenever possible (reduces aerosol by 95%)
- using rubber dam whenever possible for further reduction of aerosol.
Regarding the Treatment of Patients Who Are at Risk of COVID-19
Considering the clinical set up, safety of the team and other patients, Holistic Dental Melbourne CBD will not treat patients who are at moderate to high risk of COVID-19 infection. Holistic Dental Melbourne CBD apologises most sincerely to any patient this may affect; Under such circumstances, we can organise a tele consultation or a referral to a hospital dental clinic providing all relevant information to facilitate treatment .You may also contact the Australian Government COVID-19 Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 or the Healthdirect Hotline on 1800 022 222 or find up to date information at Australian Government Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-COVID-19-2019-ncov-health-alert