Flossing and brushing by themselves simply can’t compete with having regular checkups with your dentist in Melbourne. While going to the dentist may not be your favourite thing to do, there are a few things you can do to help ensure you get a good dentist in Melbourne’s CBD. Our checklist will guide you through the process of picking a dentist below.
Getting Recommendations for a Dentist in Melbourne
Maybe you just moved to Melbourne, or you want to switch from your current dentist. How do you find a new one that’ll meet your needs? You can find recommendations by:
- Family, Friends or Coworkers – Your family, friends or coworkers should have a few recommendations on great dentists to try.
- Doctor or Pharmacist- It’s not a stretch that members of the medical community know one anothe and they’re typically happy to give a few names.
- Current Dentist – If you’re moving to another state or territory, ask your current dentist who they recommend. They may know someone in your new area.
- Australian Dental Association – You can visit the Australian Dental Association’s website and search by your location. It’s quick, convenient and easy.
Narrow Your Recommendations Down
Once you get a few names that look promising, you can start narrowing your choices down. You may want to set up short visits with a few of them at their office to see if your personalities mesh. A few things to consider are:
- Does the dentist take your insurance? If so, are there costs to you?
- Is the office close to your home or work?
- Do they have office hours that work around your schedule? If not, can they accommodate you?
- What is their preventative dentistry approach?
- If you need anesthesia, do they administer it and what types do they use?
- Do they have availability for after-hours emergencies? How do they handle them?
- Ask for estimates on common procedures like a filling or x-rays.
- Is there a policy for missed appointments?
If you decide to take a short visit to the dentist’s office, you want to note:
- Do the staff wear protective gear like gloves?
- Was the staff kind, courteous and ready to answer your questions to the best of their abilities?
- Does any equipment you see look clean and modern?
- Is the office as a whole neat, clean and tidy?
Contact Holistic Dental Melbourne CBD Today!
If you need a dentist in Melbourne’s CBD, we can help. Our staff are standing by and ready to answer your questions. You can contact us to set up a consultation today!